• One of Canada’s most engaging and versatile violinist/singer - songwriter/producers Anne Lindsay has played on hundreds of recordings and is a featured performer with the Jim Cuddy Band, Blue Rodeo and John McDermott. She was the resident fiddler for the Toronto Maple Leafs and the stage production of The Lord of the Rings.
• She released her first solo CD, Eavesdropping in 2001 and her sophomore release, News from Up the Street in 2007. These recordings have won her numerous awards including Solo
Instrumentalist and Producer of the Year (Canadian Folk Music Awards 2007) and Jazz Violinist of the Year (National Jazz Awards 2007.)
• Hurry on Home continues the legacy — featuring Anne’s virtuoso playing and heartfelt vocals with a who’s-who of the Canadian contemporary music scene performing Anne’s twisty
fiddle tunes, some sultry jazz, soulful gypsy and a hip hop beat!
• The CD is co-produced by Anne and her son, Tosh Weyman, a talented hip-hop artist and producer. The resulting album bridges both genres and generations with brilliant performances
by musical friends.
• Key tracks: “Hurry On Home”, a neo-Appalachian duet with Jim Cuddy; “Valentine”, a poignant song about Valentine’s Day as a springboard into solitude; and “May Our Minds Meet” — think Cape Breton fiddle tune meets hip hop beats.